Winners will be notified by email. If a winner is unreachable after seven (7) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If Winston Salem Journal cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
- Only one entry per person per day is allowed.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Northwest North Carolina
- Entries may be mailed to Relish MerleFest Contest, Winston-Salem Journal, P.O. Box 3159, Winston-Salem NC, 27102. All entries must be received by Thursday, April 19, 2012.
- No copies or facsimiles of the official newspaper entry blanks are allowed.
- No purchase is necessary. Contestants may also enter online at www.JournalNow.com and through the WInston-Salem Journal/ Relish Facebook Pages.
- Employees of The Winston-Salem Journal. and members of their immediate families are ineligible to win prizes.
- All prizewinners will be notified by telephone.
- Winners must present acceptable proof of identification, such as a valid driver’s license in order to claim a prize.
- Winners are responsible for any federal, state or local income taxes and agree to complete IRS form W-9 as well as a Journal release form before prizes can be transferred.
- Acceptance of any prize constitutes agreement on the part of the winner to allow his/her picture and name to be used for promotional purposes in conjunction with the contest for up to 12 months after receipt of prize.
- Winners hereby release Winston-Salem Journal, Media General, MerleFest and all affiliated sponsors from any liability related to winners experience onsite at MerleFest, or in route to and from MerleFest.
- Decisions of the judges are final in all matters pertaining to the sweepstakes. The judges reserve the right to withdraw the contest or make necessary rule changes at any time.
- Prizes are strictly as stated. There is no cash value and no substitutions are available.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Automated voting of any kind is not allowed.
Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
Only one registered account per user. If multiple accounts are detected for a single user, they will be disabled and submission will be disqualified.
Winston Salem Journal reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
Winston Salem Journal reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's' office.
Employees of Winston Salem Journal, its respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible.
Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
Entrants further grant to Winston Salem Journal the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest.
Winston Salem Journal reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, UPICKEM, and/or Winston Salem Journal. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
UPICKEM and Winston Salem Journal are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification.
Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
Winston Salem Journal reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
This contest is officially sponsored by Winston Salem Journal.